Monday, May 14, 2007

Central Illinois Poultry Show


This Saturday, May 19, I will set up the SPPA table at the Central Illinois Poultry Show at Exposition Gardens in Peoria, Illinois. This show attracts Standard and Bantam chickens, Turkeys, Waterfowl and Guineas. So if you are in the area, come by. As poultry shows traditionally are, it is free to the public.


Coop-in starts at 6:30 am and judging begins at 9. The show concludes in the afternoon.


In this picture, poultry judge Butch Gunderson of Wisconsin shows how to place your fingers between the chicken's legs to hold it for judging. Additional photos in my book, "How to Raise Chickens," show how the judge examines a bird and tells what the judge is looking for.


SPPA will donate a Marans cookbook to the raffle. I'll have Backyard Poultry magazines as well as SPPA literature at the table, and of course I'll sign copies of my book.

1 comment:

Terri said...

I am sorry I missed the show. Is there a website or an address where I can bet on the mailing list.